A Guide to Building Enterprise-ready Flows
I am proud to announce that a white paper on building better flows that I authored for Microsoft is now available: A Guide to Building Enterprise-ready Flows.
The guide outline practices, principles, methods, and patterns for designing Microsoft Flow solutions. The paper sets out to assist every flow maker to do their best to create flows that are efficient, effective, and reliably perform their intended business function. As adoption of Microsoft Flow increases in your organization, building flows that are scalable to the business and technology requirements will become essential.The flow lifecycle and outline of the whitepaper contain details around:
- Planning: Proper planning is the foundation of all worthy projects; the simplicity of this step should not be glossed over. Understanding how to provide a sound basis for every single flow and the approach to using flows in your organization will have significant benefits.
- Design and Making: This section dives into the specific methods and approaches for utilizing triggers and actions efficiently and effectively
- Testing: We review what you should know about the different testing methods and the pros and cons of each. We go over the considerations that you should know about for each of these methods.
- Deployment: Learn how to include flow in your application lifecycle management process for your organization.
- Troubleshooting: When things go wrong, you need to know where and what to look for and the best ways to get it working again.
- Maintaining: Flows have been built and are enabled. You expect them to run with minimal management. Learn the best methods for achieving that objective.