We just got our notification that our orgs are going to receive Update 1 later this week.
If you haven’t gotten the word yet, here are the new features:
- Switching an instance enables administrators to easily change the CRM Online instance type:
- Switch to production – ability to change an instance from Sandbox to Production
- Switch from production – ability to switch an instance from Production to Sandbox
- Deleting a Sandbox instance provides the ability to remove an existing sandbox when it is no longer needed:
- Delete allows you to recover sandbox licenses and storage
- You must switch production instances to sandboxes before you can delete them.
- Enhancements to instance reset provides the ability to change your base language and currency during the reset. This allows you to use a single sandbox for testing across many different languages or currencies.
The update will be applied without any disruption – Zero minutes for the Outage.
What is a Sandbox instance? A Sandbox instance is any non-production instance of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. Isolated from production, a Sandbox instance is the place to safely develop and test application changes with low risk.
How should I use a Sandbox instance in my environment? You should always use Sandbox instances when you test new functionality, such as a product update, a new add-on solution, changes to a form, or any customization you may include. You will be able to schedule your Sandbox instance to be updated prior to your production update, allowing you to test first.