We are inching closer to be able to create Customer Voice Surveys/Projects in one tenant and transfer them to another tenant in a supported and efficient Application Lifecycle Management process.
The Customer Voice Product Team lead by Welly Lee has recently released the Export a Project function. It is kind of in preview mode and kind of in slow release. So it will becoming to your tenant within the next 30 days, if not sooner and it might be there already.
Before proceeding any further, here is a quick way to check if it is available in your Customer Voice interface. If you click on the 3 ellipses and you see Export, then you have this capability.
The process is really very straightforward and in one click you can prepare the Project to be imported into any other tenant.
There are some key items to note:
- The export you do is a static process. It creates a link to a package of the Project and Survey parameters at the moment in time. So it doesn’t matter if you update the Project in the source tenant later on, the link will not pick up those changes.
- If you do update the Project and create a second export link and then import it into the tenant where you previously imported it the first time, it will not update the earlier import it will create a new project.
- There is nothing ‘exported’ to your local machine. Everything lives in Azure and you can’t get to the contents of the package. It’s all magic. 🙂
When you export the project the following components will be included in the export:
- Satisfaction Metrics
- Questions and their corresponding answer options
- Survey customizations
- Survey distribution settings
- Email templates and their corresponding languages
Note: Any Power Automate Flows you created for distribution of the survey(s) will need to be transferred by using the export/import process from the Flow user interface separately.
This is the process in a few easy steps:
- Sign into Dynamics 365 Customer Voice in the ‘source’ tenant.
- On the All Projects tab, click on the ellipsis symbol for the Project you want to export. (see image above)
- Click on Export
- A link to your exported project will appear in a pop-up dialog window, select Copy.
- Now paste that link into an email and send it to the designated recipient.
- That person just needs to either click on the link and then authenticate to Customer Voice
if they are already logged into Customer Voice in the new tenant then just paste the link into the tab where they are logged in.
- The Project will be imported and created in the target tenant in a matter of moments.
- It will be associated with the default Dataverse (was Common Data Service) environment.
- It can then be copied to another environment from the ellipse function.
You are done and ready to go now!
Happy customer surveying!