Recently this question came up on a forum post I answered and wanted to share it on our blog also.
The forum poster did not have Outlook available and was getting the following message:
To view and refresh dynamic data, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook must be installed. If it is already installed and configured, click “Refresh from CRM” to sign in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. If you do not want to be prompted again to sign in, click “Save my email address and password” on the Sign In page.
KB 2556284 provides the solution by providing the following steps:
You can workaround the requirement of using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook client by going through the following:
1. Export the Dynamic Worksheets and/or Dynamics Pivot Tables from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
2. Open up the Dynamic Worksheets and/or Dynamics Pivot Tables with Excel.
3. After the ADFS sign in page or the “Script is disabled” error shows in the worksheet, click on Data tab.
4. Click on Connections.
5. Within Workbook Connections, click on Properties.
6. Within Connection Properties, click on Definition tab.
7. Click on Edit Query button.
8. Within the Edit Web Query, window you will need to do one of the following:
– Using IFD Claims authentication, the Edit Web Query will redirect to ADFS login, enter in the user’s credentials and click on Sign In.
– Using Claims authentication, continue to step 9.
9. After getting the Microsoft Dynamics CRM error, click on OK.
10. Within Edit Web Query, click on Cancel.
11. Within Connection Properties, click on Cancel.
12. Within Workbook Connections, click on Close.
13. Within Excel > Data tab, click on Refresh All.
Note: These steps are required every time you close and re-open the Dynamic Worksheets and/or Dynamics Pivot Tables.