The following is a list of features that will be deprecated in a future release. What does Microsoft mean when they say ‘deprecated’? It means they will continue to work and be fully supported. Until that it is when it is removed from a future release. It won’t be tomorrow. It can take years for that to occur.
What should you do? Start thinking how you will replace them during an upgrade.
- Dynamics 365 for Outlook (Outlook client) – switch to the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook
- Service scheduling in Dynamics 365 for Customer Service – use service scheduling in the new Unified Resource Scheduling solution which is included in Dynamics 365 for Field Service.
- Dialogs – will be replaced by mobile task flows and business process flows.
- Project Service Finder app – you will use a feature coming out in a future release of the Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation application
- Contracts, Contract Line Items, and Contract Templates entities – use the new Entitlements in Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
- Usage of Parature knowledgebase as the Dynamics 365 knowledge management solution – use the Knowledge Solution in Dynamics 365.
- Standard SLAs in Dynamics 365 for Customer Service – use Enhanced SLAs
- Relationship Roles – use Connection Roles
- Mail Merge is deprecated – use Word and Excel Templates
- Announcements are deprecated
- Ready-to-use business processes available through Add Ready to Use Business Processes setting – look for them in AppSource and not in Settings.
- Silverlight (XAP) web resource – use Custom Control Framework or HTML web resources with HTML5
Want to read the detailed documentation from Microsoft on Important changes coming in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement?