Today we were setting up a client’s new CRM 2016 on premise environment for a pending upgrade from CRM 2013. It’s a small implementation so in both the case of the 2013 and 2016 environments they are all in one – CRM, SQL, ADFS on the same box.
To setup the 2016 Email Router we just configured it based on the working settings in the 2013 config except for the obvious changes to the urls.
However, this being software it didn’t quote go as expected. We got the dreaded unable to retrieve user and queue information from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server – the authentication endpoint Username was not found on the configured Secure Token Service! After rummaging around for a while on the search engines we consulted with our go to guy for challenging authentication issues. In other words, after eliminating quite a few troubleshooting steps, we ended up believing it must be good ole new ADFS ‘3.0’.
The cause seemed to be a port conflict as we had neglected to set ADFS to port 809. Once we did that, restarted ADFS and reset IIS it worked like a champ.
The fix is as follows:
- Open PowerShell
- Type: Set-ADFSProperties -nettcpport 809
- Hit Enter
- In Services restart ADFS, reset IIS or just reboot the server.
- Bingo – the error below goes away.