The CRM Team at Microsoft has released the latest feature set update to the SDK. Version 5.0.8 is now available for viewing at the MSDN Library. the SDK should be available for download tomorrow December 2nd at this link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24004 If you go there today you will get version 5.0.8.
The following is a summary of what is available in this release:
- Updated binaries for the Portal developer toolkit and developer extensions. New features include support for authenticating portal users through the Windows Azure Access Control Service.
- A new section describing developer integration and access to Microsoft Office 365.
- Updated helper code for authentication to support more scenarios.
- A new topic providing guidance for creating solution components that support multiple languages.
- New samples for auditing, entity serialization, bulk delete and more.
- See the complete list of new and updated samples and links to all the new topics in the Release History on the first page.
At CRM Innovation we will be digging into the section on updated helper code for authentication first. But later on we will be exploring the auditing information which is a great feature addition in CRM 2011.
Wow, the CRM learning process curve stays steep as usual.